- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fine-grained salt
- Essential oil (I use either lavender, a serenity blend, grapefruit, etc – if want to find out more about oils ask ME 😉
- Dried rose petals, optional
- dried lavender buds, optional
- witch hazel
- Sieve, wooden spoons, bowls, measuring cups, gloves,
- face masks and small silicone tray
Start a double boiler on medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Place cocoa butter in the top of the double boiler and cover. Simmer until melted, stirring occasionally. To preserve the beneficial benefit of the essential oils do not over heat.
Put on mask and gloves; Carefully put the dry ingredients into a sifter and sift into a mix bowl. Gently stir the dry ingredients and then add the melted cocoa butter a little at a time. Add essential oil. If you want to add flowers, place them directly into the bottom of the container.