This is a perfect goodie when chocolate cravings pay a visit!
Not only it is delicious, but this smoothie is packed with tons of nutrients (vitamins, minerals and healthy fats) from all the ingredients and a little natural sweetness from the dates. The cacao, considered a superfood, provides good antioxidants, fiber and healthy fats.
This smoothie is so easy that if added a protein shake (I use USANA) it can replace a meal. I usually have this for breakfast or a recovery shake for after a workout.
Makes 4 Servings (20 to 24 Ounces)
- 1 small banana (frozen)
- 1 to 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 ½ tablespoons cacao powder (or cacao nibs)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cups almond milk or nondairy milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- 1 cup water or ice cubes (more if want more dilute)
– Wash and prep all ingredients.
– Blend till smooth and serve.