Lavender Bath Salt
Who doesn’t like to end the day with a soothing bath and sip some warm tea for the cold weather? (or some wine if you’d like). Baths are exactly what is needed to wind down from a busy day or to detox the body. Yup, the key ingredient is Epson salts which is basically magnesium citrate and can easily be absorbed through the skin while in a bath.
Some benefits from Epson salt baths:
- Reduce inflammation
- Relieve join and muscle pain and tension
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Helps flush out toxins and heavy metals from the body (this is my go-to after I take a flight or a test scan)
- Boost of Magnesium (and most of us are deficient on this)
- Improves digestion
- Softer skin (from the baking soda)
Here is the simple recipe:
- 1 cup Epson Salts
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 10 drops lavender essential oils
Mix the ingredients in a glass container. Can be also made right at the moment of taking the bad, just add them straight to the running water.
Add 1 cup of Epson salt to the bath. Soak for 15 minutes but not more thank 20 min because your body can reabsorb the toxins from the water.
- For an extra silky skin, add a some oil to the warm bath, like olive oil, almond, jojoba oil.
- Adding a few pieces of ginger to raise your heat levels so you can sweat out more toxins.
- If taking a whole bath is not possible (saving water, no bath-tub at home, no time) no problem! You can also do a foot soak in a small container, you will be getting the same benefits.