- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion (diced)
- diced mushrooms (I use shiitake)
- a handful shredded carrots
- a handful shredded zucchini
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- cumin, turmeric, cayenne
for the cashew sauce
- 1 cup cashew (previously soaked)
- splash of almond milk /or water (this depends how thin or thick you want the sauce)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce)
- nutritional yeast (optional)
First, let’s make the sauce. This is super easy, just put all the ingredients in a blender and that’s it! :). Transfer to a glass container and put in the fridge until use.
Now on to the patties, but before that, let me remind you that this is a perfect way to re-use any left over quinoa, beans, rice, etc.
Set your oven to 350F, meanwhile saute the onions and mushrooms until well cooked, once done, put aside.
In a bowl, mix the lentils and quinoa, and with a fork, start combining and mushing them up a bit but do not over do it. You don’t want it to be mushy, just so that they stick together. Add the onion-mushroom mixture and the shredded veggies. Season with the spices.
Once they are all incorporated, mix in the egg. Form small patties and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes. Half way, check and flip them around.