I am not so much into pies, unless it is apple a la mode, so when fall comes and the Thanksgiving dessert table is full of pies and sweets, ugh, it is a bit overwhelming with so much variety and abundance of sweets. This is a perfect portion size mini pie of delicious pumpkin and gluten-free sugar free sweetness. Well, the sweet in this dessert is all natural from the dates AND with the added fiber of the dates that slows down digestion so you don’t get a sugar spike. See! I take care of you. Give this a try for your next holiday dinner or when you feel like having a little fall taste.
Ingredients (makes 12)
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked to soften (discard the liquid before using)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. For the crust, put the walnuts, the oats and coconut in a food processor and mix until they become crumbs, but don’t over do it otherwise it will be all mushy and almost like a paste.
2. Slowly add the maple syrup, coconut oil and salt and pulse for a few seconds.
3. Scoop about a tablespoon onto the bottom of parchment cups and press down. Put in the fridge while working on the filling.
4. For the filling, combine all ingredients in food processor until well combined, smooth and creamy. If no food processor, you can use a blender.