Sugar Scrubs, facial exfoliator and more…
– 1.5 cups sugar (coarse is better)
– 1/2 cup almond oil
– zest of 1 lemon (or lime)
– a few drops of lemon essential oil
(optional) I sometimes use cucumber pulp that is left over from my juices. Leaves a really clean and fresh feel on your skin.
Mix all the ingredients into a glass jar.
CAUTION: This scrub is smells so good and delicious, but DO NOT EAT while in the shower.
Facial Exfoliator – remove dead skin from your face by combining some sugar with epson salt or sea salt and honey.
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup jojoba oil
– 1/4 cup raw sugar
– essential oil of your preference (citrus, lavender, peppermint, rose) or use rose petals.
Other Helpful Tips to give sugar a good use:
* To get rid of the soap grimme from the shower and clean the toilet. Use as if you would AJAX or other cleaning detergent.
* To clean up the coffee or spice grinder. Put a tablespoon in the grinder and let it run.
* To make your cut flowers last longer, put 3 teaspoons of sugar in the water.
* Remove gunk or smelly odors from your hands. It will also exfoliate your hands.
* To clean grass stains from tennis shoes and clothes. Make a paste of sugar and water, apply to stained areas, wait for a few minutes and wash off.